Recent Posts



There’s mold and mildew in my bathroom!!!

Don’t panic….let’s talk.

Let’s find out if its mildew or mold. There is a difference. First of all mildew is a type of mold that has a flat growth often appearing as white or gray splotches that become dark brown or black as it grows. You will find mildew is easier to remove.

Mold on the other hand can grow on food, inside walls, damp surfaces, and can cause structural damage. Both are a hazard to your family’s health. Mildew when inhaled can cause headache, sore throat, coughing, and respiratory problems. Mold is much more dangerous. It can cause respiratory problems, such as difficulty breathing, coughing, heart problems, migraines, joint pains, inflammation, depression, fatigue, dizziness, and other long-term health effects.

So how can we tell which is which? A simple test is to put a few drops of bleach on the suspected areas, and wait about five minutes. If the area becomes lighter it is mildew. If it remains dark, it is mold.

What is the best thing you can you do? Call a professional like CWM toll free 800-643-5850 or visit our website at We will be able to do further testing and evaluation of the extent of damage, and remove the harmful fungi.